Your Single-Seat Prototype
Competing in multiple series, the Élan DP02 is a single-seat prototype designed for speed and performance.
The Élan DP02 single-seat prototype sports car is accustomed to the winner’s circle. Since its inception it has been the premier car in IMSA’s Mazda Prototype Lites Presented by Cooper Tires series, originally the feeder category to the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) and now the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
Élan Motorsports Technologies debuted the latest updates to the IMSA Mazda Prototype Lites L1 category car at the 2011 ALMS Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta. The current car continues the outstanding and competitive performance expected in the IMSA Mazda Prototype Lites L1 category.
The Élan DP02 is also eligible for competition in the SCCA’s current P1 class.
Built by Élan Motorsports Technologies, the DP02 is a high-tech, purpose- built sports car designed to help develop advanced drivers with aspirations of graduating to professional racing’s next level. The single-seat DP02 features an FIA-certified carbon-fiber monocoque chassis built to the same crash standards as European Formula 3 and a high downforce tunnel-floor.
The Élan DP02’s top track speed at most North American race circuits approaches 170 mph, while its average speed is generally well over 115 mph. The result is lap times as quick or quicker than many GT2 and Star Mazda class cars.
- 170 mph top speed
- 1175 lbs minimum weight
- Three-way djustable shocks
- Independent double-wishbone pushrod suspension
- OZ one-piece aluminum wheels
- High downforce tunnel-ﬂoor and diﬀuser
- Aerodynamic front splitter
- Single element rear wing
- Designed to FIA F3 crash test standards
- Nose is designed as a crush zone
- Safety harness with HANS device support
- Carbon composite monocoque with integral fuel cell
- Unidirectional and woven carbon ﬁber and aluminum core construction
- Exclusive L1 Chassis
- 100+ races since 2006
- More than 50 chassis built
- 700+ lbs of downforce add to grip and car control
- Impeccable safety record
- Exceptional performance
As with all Élan race cars, Carl Haas is the exclusive distributor for all DP02 race car parts. Please click here to see the current list of parts and prices. To order parts, please contact Carl Haas Automobile Imports Inc. directly at:
Carl Haas Automobile Imports Inc.
500 Tower Pkwy, Lincolnshire, IL 60069
NASA Super Unlimited
Élan DP02s, powered by Élan Power engines were put to the test in the NASA Super Unlimited class and enjoyed several successes including a 1st and a 3rd result in the Championship.
Mazda Prototype Challenge
Kyle Masson in his Élan DP02 powered by an Élan Power engine achieved 12 wins, 1 third, and was the IMSA Prototype Challenge MPC Class Champion.
SCCA P1 Class
Élan DP02s powered by Élan Power engines enjoyed multiple successes in this class across the U.S. including:
- Shoff – Homestead 3rd, Sebring 3rd & 3rd, COTA 3rd, Runoffs 3rd
- Slusher – COTA 3rd, Road America 3rd, Thunderhill 3rd & 2nd, Portland 2nd & 2nd
- Gibson – Road America 1st
- McEwan – Homestead 3rd, Sebring 2nd, Road Atlanta 2nd & 2nd, VIR 2nd
- DeAngelis – Sebring 2nd
- Putt – NOLA 3rd, Pitt Race 1st & 2nd, Mid-Ohio 2nd & 1st,
- Romer – Auto Club Speedway 2nd & 2nd, Willow Springs 2nd & 2nd
For all inquiries or for more information on the DP02, please contact Brandon White: