Your Lightweight Prototype Racecar
Competing in the NASA Prototype Spec Series, the Élan NP01 offers a prototype race car designed for sprint-style racing.
Designed to compete in the NASA Prototype series or other sprint-style competition, the Élan NP01 has just about everything: performance, reliability, closed-cockpit design, great looks, and affordability.
At just $76,125 (2017 pricing), each easy-to-assemble kit contains everything needed (minus fluids, safety belts, foam seat insert, and side nets) to build a running and driving Élan NP01. NOTE: Further preparation is required to make it race ready. A 50% deposit is required with each order and the remaining balance is due shipping of the kit.
The Élan NP01 comes in two different configurations as outlined below. There is the NASA Prototype spec model and the ST1 Upgrade model. Tog ive you an idea of lap times:
Élan NP01 – NASA NP01 Series Configuration Road Atlanta Lap Time: 1:31.07
Élan NP01 – NASA ST1 Class Configuration Road Atlanta Lap Time: 1:26.27
The kit includes the engine and transaxle, wheels, tires, wiring harness, brakes, all suspension components, all body panels, side intrusion protection panels, fire suppression system, and much more. While we strongly recommend having a professional assemble the kit, no welding or fabrication is required and most cars can be completed in 100 to 140 hours.
The included content list is long and full of quality components:
- Lightweight ready for paint composite body panels
- 185 HP, 2.0-Liter Mazda MZR Engine, Tuned and Sealed by Élan
- ACT Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
- AEM Infinity ECU
- AIM MXL2 Dash
- MCS Double Adjustable Shocks
- OZ 17 x 9 Wheels
- Sadev SL75 Six-Speed Sequential Transaxle
- StopTech Forged Calipers
- Toyo Proxes RR 235 40-17 Tires
- Wilwood Pedals and Master Cylinders
- 12-Gal Pyrotect Fuel Cell
- Tail/Brake lights
- Electron Speed Body and Engine Wiring Harnesses
NOTE: Further preparation is required to make it “race ready”.
Weight and Dimensions
- Dry weight: 1,450 lbs. (estimate)
- Wheelbase: 102 inches
- Length: 161 inches
- Height: 43.9 inches
- Width: 75.4 inches
- Horsepower: 185
- Torque: 145 lb./ft.
- Max Track Speed: 155 mph
- Center single-seat enclosed prototype racecar for NASA Prototype competition
- Composite body with easily replaced individual sections to minimize repair costs
- Prototype-style doors with latches
- Functional front splitter
- Adjustable full-width rear wing
- Headlight openings (headlights are optional), tail and rain lights
- Windshield wiper
- Polycarbonate windshield and side windows
- AEM Infinity sealed ECU
- AIM MXL2 Dash
- 1018 steel-tube frame with integral roll cage structure constructed with TIG and MIG welding
- Side intrusion-protection panels
- Force attenuation nose box structure and side structures
- Adjustable suspension with MCS double-adjustable shocks
- 235/40/17 Toyo Proxes RR Tires
- 17-inch x 9-inch OZ Wheels
- StopTech forged-aluminum four-piston brake calipers
- Hawk Performance brake pads
- Two-piece rotors with aluminum hats
- 11-gal. Pyrotect fuel cell
- Safecraft 5-lb. electric fire suppression system
- Sealed Mazda 2.0-liter, four-cylinder MZR engine with dry sump
- Six-speed sequential Sadev SL75 transaxle
- ACT 8 lb. steel flywheel and race clutch disc
The Élan NP01 race car includes all components necessary to assemble a running, drivable Élan NP01. The only items needed in addition to the original order are safety belts, nets, fluids and fuel. Everything else is included; chassis, body, engine, transaxle, seat, wheels, a set of race tires, all necessary hardware and fasteners, wiring, ECU, all suspension components, etc.
NOTE: Further preparation is required to make it “race ready”. It is highly recommended that assembly be completed by an experienced, competent technician familiar with race car design, assembly and operation.
In response to customer demand, Élan is offering a package of upgrades designed to make the NP01 competitive within ST-1 class competition. This package consists of kits which may be ordered individually to suit various customer goals. The complete ST-1 package entails the following:
- Updated 235hp Mazda 2.0L MZR engine with high compression pistons, performance camshafts, and 8300 RPM redline
- Tuned free-flowing exhaust system to work with new RPM range
- Ramped front splitter with raised center section
- Rear diffuser with strakes to direct airflow
- Air intake extension for increased airbox pressure at speed
- Rear anti-roll bar
- Billet uprights
- Endurance-spec rear lower wishbones
As with all Élan race cars, Carl Haas is the exclusive distributor for all Élan NP01 race car parts. Please click here to see the current list of parts and prices. To order parts, please contact Carl Haas Automobile Imports Inc. directly at:
Carl Haas Automobile Imports Inc.
500 Tower Pkwy, Lincolnshire, IL 60069
The complete kit price starts at $76,125 (2018 pricing) for the spec NASA Prototype series car. A 50% deposit is required with each order and the remaining balance is due on shipping of the kit.
NOTE: Further preparation is required to make it “race ready.”
Élan Motorsports offers NP01 assembly services ($9,775) for those who prefer to receive their NP01 as a running car.
NASA Prototype Series
The Élan NP01 was originally designed for the NASA Prototype Series as the spec car. There are 3 regions and 3 National Champions – Pacific, North Atlantic, South Atlantic. Across the 3 regions, the spec NP01s, powered by Élan Power engines, ran in 25 races and enjoyed numerous success.
Franklin Futrelle raced the Élan NP01 ST1 spec car and enjoyed 5 Regional wins in the South East in 5 starts and came 3rd in the Championship event at Sebring.
25 Hours of Thunderhill
An Élan NP01, designed primarily to be a sprint car, enjoyed huge success at the 2017 25 Hours of Thunderhill proving its endurance capabilities, coming 3rd in Endurance Sports Racer class against LMP3s and other fast hot-rods. In 2016, the car finished 6th overall.
Are you looking for race car just for the weekend? Or would you like to more thoroughly test our NASA Spec NP01?
Read the reviews here from Kevin Ross and Daniel Erickson when they rented the Élan NP01 in Daytona.
Call or email Brandon White to find out more and discuss pricing on (706) 658 2041 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all inquiries and to order your NP01, please contact Brandon White:
Or request your order form using the below form: